Monday, October 13, 2008

Vengeanze / mini interview [eng]

l_a2e25dadd4d18f6438d65e21e65a2bb5
Last but no least, I'm takin' you guys now to Spain's finest Tehno DNB dj-producer, Vengeanze..speaking to us directly from Sevilla!

Me: Let me introduce you to the drum'n bass lovers here, first: this
is Fernando aka Vengeanze; how do the friends call you though? *smile*

Vengeanze:

They always call me Fer or Fernandito wich its a loving diminutive of
my name...


Me: Vengeanze in romanian means razbunare and we know you report on
vengeance; why did you choose this name to officially represent
you?[pff..shoulda asked Limewax same thing lol]

Vengeanze:
I just like the word*smile* Also im a big fan of hardcore music so i thought of getting a name something like the hardcore bands wich is it all about the honor, pride and stuff like this. In the end I went for Vengeanze cuz was something raw, but i think im gonna just put it from now in spanish in all the places as i get noticed that there are other producers called Vengeance.


Me: Getting closer to what your name declares, we also celebrate the
second time on treatment this year and we can't wait to hear what you
have to share on the dj desk with us. Can you describe some of the
effects during the impact of your produced medicines ? What are the
influences of your drumandbass style and what led you to these sounds
?

Vengeanze:
Well im pretty influenced by techno, always been by the hardest one, but these days im getting really into minimal and weird sounds too. I'm also trying to take back all those dark atmospheres from the old Bad Company and hardware dnb from the start of this decade, im really into that sound at the moment.


Me: [longer question following] I'm gonna build a deck between these
harder and more bassline consisted sounds and the stuff hapening in
the ring. Always something I've been meaning to ask. Are the spanish
junglists hitting up the ring's floor in ruff rituals known as 'pogo'
? Here a small percent of the ruff ridems lovers actually transform
the dancing into a real manifestation of brutal moves..which sometimes
end up with someone hurt..Though isnt so bad, mostly too much fuss
about it and in the same time, the 'pogo' culture isnt met everywhere;
in fact just in isolated communities. I know in places like Bulgaria
or Austria people dont dance ruff. I guess thats why Bucharest gest
special sometimes. Just how special is the drumandbass comunity there?
[we need to check out other yards too.. :)

Vengeanze:
Its funny that you asked me that thing cuz some of the hardest mosh hitters from the hardcore scene from my city are getting really into drum and bass, specially on the one I'm playing and they are comming every party trying to do it like they are in a hardcore concert...so its kinda funny see them doing that with dnb, they dont get really hurt (just sometimes) but most of the time what they get its problems with the security of the party....lol


Me: What do we have to know about ur new project Schranz&bass?

Vengeanze:
Well that term was invented by Proket when the techno dnb boom happend like 2 years ago. I really liked it cuz at that time i was really into schranz. Nowadays im seing lot of people triying to do that, mostly of them just trying to fake it, so I'm returning to pure techno music. I would preffer get a bit away from everything else and go back again to the techno
dnb term as it was called always.


Me: I know you going to be a good pilot; at least thats what you study
from hard lately. How's to fly a big bird? Can u describe us in a few
words ur lifestyle? Tha'd be awsome for us to know..we're gettin bored
sometimes @ here [not me, though..i just keep on hearin' it]..

Vengeanze:
Well, flying an helicopter its such a great thing! I started to study that since my father is a helicopter technician, that in addition to my passion for helicopters. I never though of becoming a pilot but I found a grant from the goverment of Spain and i got it. Basicly its one of the coolest thing you can do ever, more like seeing everything from a totaly different point of view.
You would think maybe its the same as flying an airplane but an airplane never would have the same posibilities to flight forward, backward, hovering.



Me: Leaving joke aside: How do u see the future of the drumandbass
scene? I mean with all the influences..now with the dubstep gainin' so
much turf..you think these twi bi*ches will build a nice home
together..or are they simply separate things?

Vengeanze:
I think drum ad bass its pretty close to dubstep to be honest. They got almost the same influences, and i think the future of dubstep its gonna be really similar as drum and bass has been. Not sure about drum and bass though, as its getting influenced by lot of diferent things and getting really big!
I think its not gonna stop to rise at leats for the next 5 years.


Me: I know you're back from touring allover Spain with master COOH
this past week..or weeks? How was it?

Vengeanze:
Actually the tour was part of the CREATURES OF HABIT TOUR 2008 l_e907374a86214430bc910ab3538ebd7b
with Gein, Cooh and myself. Cooh and me were the ones chosen for the spanish and portuguse dates and the tour, I must say.. was pretty amazing! As all of you already know, Ivan is crazy! But Saint (the one from Gein) was also kinda insane so we had loads of fun together doin what we like and love. Pretty much the entire tour we traveled by car, allover Spain and Portugal so you guys can imagine the memories we gathered on the road; yea..all in all pretty amazing!


Me: Give us some infos on you that you reaaaaaally think we need to know. :)

Vengeanze:
Well lets do some promotion now! haha.. You should know about my next releases 1st;
I got some stuff coming in the next month like my 12" on Habit with Cooh wich its gonna come in like 3-4 weeks with two tracks called Love control and Infected.
Also got some fresh stuff comming on Future Sickness called "lo parto to".
Then comes "Caves" which will be released on PRSPCT; THE first LP with artists such Audio, Donny, Counterstrike, Cooh and
others.
Meanwhile I'm working on some stuff more for PRSPCT and Habit.
Appart from drum and bass I recently just started an electro side project with Dub Elements so we're soon gonna hit the studio to see what happens ;)



Me: Would u like to say a few words for the crowd expecting u on the 18?

Vengeanze:
Yeah im doing a live set on the 18th and i would like to let know all the people that I will play lot of different stuff on my live set, like techno, dubstep, electro, breakbeat and of course drum and bass!!
May I drag ur attention for a moment please?:)
For the people who expect a straigh dnb set, please open your mind and get fun with the mix i have done for all of you!;)


Me: Muchas gracias, Fernando! Tryin to figure out sth nice to tell
you, though all the words bumpin my head seem to sound italian rather
than spanish lol...Many thanks, man..you'll be kickin on the 18. Get
here safe!

____________

Dropdread

0 comments: